Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sprint horse breeder looking for partner.

Hi All


Just wondering if anyone might be able to help out Rob McClay.


Rob is looking for someone with a keen interest in sprint horses or is looking to get into breeding sprint horses.


He has a number of horses that need rehoming.  He is hoping to keep his herd together as he has spent alot of effort to collect the bloodlines.  He has til the end of March to relocate his herd which is currently at Taroom in Central Western Qld other wise they will be impounded.


Below is a description of the horses that Rob has.

I have bred extensively to Three Bars

I have been crossing pure Sprint with Working Lines for Racing and Rodeo (barrels especially).

I have a Stallion (Lion Doc ...  12 x Three Bars) , about 8 Sprint Bred mares , some Sprint Bred fillies and an assortment of foals.

My # 1 Stallion (Double Dozen) was lost in the recent floods but I have a good number of his progeny still.

Lion Doc has excellent breeding (Sprint / Working) and a temperament second to none.....I have a photo of him as an unbroken 2 yr old colt in an open paddock with no head gear and my 2 yr old nephew on board bareback ....no one is holding the horse.  His father put him up there and everyone was completely calm and confident ...this is an exceptional horse and he throws exceptional babies with the same temperament.   He is truly amazing.

This  ,crossed with the best Sprint Lines ever imported into Australia (Easy Dozen , Thundering Jet , Pals Jet) plus the Australian-bred Caseys Luck (All Australian Futurity Winner) and Don McCue ...unbeaten over 800 m make for a very fast , athletic and good minded competitor.

I have been looking for a true Professional Horseperson to connect up with for the past few years to truly take advantage of these Bloodlines.
I have not been completely successful in that endeavour to date.
I have had them in a couple of “temporary” holding places waiting on the right person to present themselves.
Where they are now (Taroom QLD) is just not working out at all and I have lost 6 horses there over the past 2 years and the feed they are on is dangerous (buffel).

I will sell them if I have to but I would prefer to stay involved with them on some sort of “Partnership” that is advantageous to all parties.   it is more of a “personal” thing for me rather than just the money ...or I would have sold them a long time ago.  They have cost me a small fortune to keep them together and to keep the Breeding Pgm going but I enjoy the involvement and knowing that I am helping to preserve this unique Sprint Blood as well as help find  them a “profession” where they can thrive ...even if the Sprint Racing does not revive in Aust’.

I would be very happy to hear back from anyone who may be able to help.  Timing is crucial.

Rob McClay


So if anyone can help please contact Rob directly by emailing aussierob@frontiernet.net




Best regards
Jody Murray
Newsletter Coordinator Q Sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment